There may be a time when it becomes necessary for ENGAGE CPAs LLC to withdraw from this engagement. The reasons below are examples of reasons why we would need to withdraw and terminate an engagement agreement. If ENGAGE CPAs LLC does need to terminate an engagement agreement we will do so in writing and immediately cease processing future monthly retainer payments from that point forward.
- If we are unable to obtain sufficient information to proceed with the engagement as contemplated and agreed, we will advise you and, as appropriate, discuss terminating or modifying the engagement with you.
- Clients are granted a specific number of retainer meetings per annum, as specified in the engagement proposal. We require that those retainer meetings be scheduled using our Calendly link at our prompting. When those scheduled meetings happen, we expect participants to be on time (within a 5-minute buffer) and have their accounting records updated a minimum of two days prior to the meeting date.
- The client is responsible for the reliability, accuracy, and completeness of the accounting records, the information provided, and the disclosure of all material and relevant information. Clients are required to arrange for reasonable access by us to appropriate individuals and documents and shall be responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the information supplied to us.
- Our tax preparation “season,” which starts in January and runs through April 15th of each year, has very specific timing deadlines. As such, we request specific information provided to us by the client as follows:
- We require the “Business Organizer,” as provided on our website, to be filled out and submitted electronically by March 1st of every year. If a client requests that their company be put on a 6-month extension, the deadline to submit the Business Organizer is September 1st of that year.
- We require the “Personal Organizer,” as provided on our website, to be filled out and submitted electronically by April 1st of every year. If a client requests a 6-month extension, the deadline to submit the Personal Organizer is September 15th of that year. *We understand that K-1s produced by outside accounting firms can be delayed without fault to the client.
- Clients are required to submit their banking information (account and routing numbers) upon signing the engagement proposal. This information will be used for the monthly recurring retainer payment. The payments are processed by ENGAGE on the second Monday of every month. A client is not permitted to bounce a payment in consecutive months nor are they permitted to bounce three payments over the course of a 12-month fiscal year.
- If, during this engagement, we become aware of a service needed to complete the engagement that we do not or will not provide, we will advise you of that needed service and recommend to you in writing that you engage another service provider to address that service. If you decline to engage such a recommended service provider, and we determine that such action impairs our ability to properly address the terms of this engagement, we will advise you in writing and terminate this engagement. If you decline to engage such a recommended service provider and we determine that our ability to properly address the terms of this engagement is not impaired but may be limited in some way, we will advise you, in writing, with respect to how we believe our conclusions and recommendations may be affected.